That’s right, this blog is 11, and things will be slowing down a lot this year.
More on that come Feb 1!
At the beginning of the year, as I’ve done for the last couple of years, I’ve detailed my “to do” list for the year. All the books to be written, edited, released etc. You can read the original post for 2019 here.
Green is for ‘done’, orange is for ‘in the process of happening’, and red is for ‘not bloody happening’.
End of year catch up!
A lot has happened this year.
I had this blog migrated over from Blogger.
I finished writing one book, wrote another, and released both in the Porn Star Brother’s series.
Wrote and released stories under T.K. Wrathbone, and realised, that I just cannot continue to write and release at the levels I am as it’s worn me out.
So, here’s my end of year catch up on my 2019 plans…
(1) Under Tiara King I have these planned…
– 1.1 – see whether it will be worthwhile updating my two paperbacks, How To Be A Jewel Diva and Closet Confidential.
– 1.2 – I added style sheets to the interiors in 2018, which will also be given away for free as a download on my style website when people sign up to an email list once I get it done. I will re-release under my own imprint, but it’s a matter of whether I have time, and if I can get the damn newsletter/sign up happening.
– 2.1 – I still want to get my jewellery back into its own website. Selling has been on hold for the last few years due to money, time and energy. I’m still looking for wordpress templates that would suit the type of website look I want, but with everything else going on, this won’t happen for some time.
—– Both of these are on hold still. I did re-upload Closet Confidential and Jewel Divas with updated back matter in e-book format at Amazon, and Closet did get a new cover for the e-book and the paperback cover was done this month, but that was it for the year.
(2) Under T.K. Wrathbone I have these planned…
– 1.1 – The paperback version of last year’s stories is done and will be released in March 2019
– 2.1 – Get three stories written up, typed up, edited, and out along with an anthology, and do the e-covers.
– 2.2 – Release all four in October for Halloween.
– 2.3 – Get the paperback version done ready for release next year.
ALL OF THE ABOVE DONE!
– 3 – Overhaul the website and give it a front page.
(3) Under L.J. Diva I have these planned…
– 1.1 – Put the next book, DeLuca through several rounds of editing
– 1.2 – Get it to my editor this month, and then edit some more.
– 1.3 – Get the cover finished, and release it as an e-book in March.
– 1.4 – Then comes the paperback interior and cover for release in September.
– 2.1 – Get the next book in the series, Spiros & Jenny, written in March
– 2.2 – Type it up through the year and put it through 3-4 rounds of editing.
– 2.3 – Send it off to my editor at some point in July or August.
– 2.4 – Release it in September as an e-book along with the paperback of DeLuca.
– 2.5 – Then comes the paperback interior and cover for a 2020 release.
DONE, DONE, DONE!
– 3 – Start on the Porn Star Brothers Short Story Collection. At least get them written, and then they can be typed up through the months and edited. I’m hoping to release them as boxed sets through 2020, that way I can write 10-40 pages per story, and not 40 pages per story, so they will get done quicker.
– 4 – I still want to re-release my four standalone novels. The covers are nearly done, and I’ve nearly finished the interiors. All they will need is for the paperbacks to be proofed before release. Hopefully that will be by June, as that is my deadline for getting all four novels out to the public.
—– Spiros & Jenny was written in May and June but done and dusted and released. So was the paperback for DeLuca.
—– So far the short story collection hasn’t even been started. As I stated mid-year, I realised while trying to get Spenny written that I’m kinda over this series, and more to the point, having a six month deadline for releases. With the Wrathbone stories, and Porn Star stories vying for attention, something had to give. I’m looking toward ending the series next year with a short story collection based on the Stefan kids and how the rest of them met their partners. More than likely out in September to complete the five years this series will have taken by then. Never say never, maybe one day I’ll finally write the rest of the stories that were intended, but I’m going to require the freedom to get into them without deadlines looming over my head. So maybe in a couple of years.
As we come to the end of 2019, I’ve begun to realise just how far we’ve come since 2009. The eleven years since I’ve been blogging, ten since I’ve been on other social media sites, phones, the internet, how we process every scrap of data we see as it scrolls past out eyes. And for me, I’ve become exhausted.
Exhausted by the internet, although I still think it’s fantastic. Social Media, although it’s awesome for following your favourite band, actor, muso, etc, and running a business in general. But it’s wearing me out. Has done for quite some time which is why I take December and January off blogging and being online for the majority of the time.
It’s refreshing. Gives you time to do other things, read, potter around, watch movies. Also gives you time to get blog posts ready for the next year. But in thinking back over the years, I’ve come to see how much I’ve done, yet how little I’ve accomplished. It all depends on the grand scheme of things and how they go for an individual. For me, they’ve leapt ahead, but gone nowhere.
In 2006 I wrote my first novel under my first nom de plume.
In 2008 I started setting up my jewellery business.
In 2009 I started two blogs and a website.
In 2013 I started writing under my real name.
In 2015 I started writing under T.K. Wrathbone and put my jewellery on hold due to health issues and caring for my mother.
In 2017 I set up my own publishing house to accommodate all three names.
I never imagined then, in 2006 with that first novel, that thirteen years later, I’d be 4 novellas, 9 novels, 41 short stories, and 11 non-fic books down the track, with most being written across 2016-2017.
Technology has come so far it has allowed me to do this, and to blog about it as I went.
But times have changed, and I’m now thirteen years older. Physically, my schedule has worn me out. Mentally, I’m exhausted, but I refuse to stop until I’m fifty for L.J. Diva, and fifty-three for T.K. Wrathbone. So, I have a few more years to go yet.
Because of my exhaustion, I’m cutting back on blogging even more. No longer will I be blogging here weekly as I’ve done for many a year, but it will now be a once a month catch up newsletter style post. A quick blog to let y’all know what I’m doing or about to do. I’ll still do the yearly writing plan and catch ups, I’ll still do the book premiere blog posts, but I’ll be blogging more over at my style site, Jewel Divas Style, so I only have a one stop shop for blogging. Movie and Book reviews will be over there, legal and copyright issues will be over there, unless they are so important I put them here too.
But in general, a monthly post will be the way to go. That will give me more time to plan books, write them, and get them typed up without a publishing schedule. The more relaxed vibe from back in the early days when I wrote a novel two years apart. Although, it won’t be two years apart now.
I have exciting new ideas for novels, and will write what comes in the next couple of years. I will then type them all up, edit them all, and plan a publishing schedule. It will not be the same as the one I’ve had for Porn Stars, a six monthly plan that wore me out.
I want writing to be fun again. Standalone novels fun. And that’s what I’m going back to. In order to do that, I need the time, so cutting back on blogging is the way to go and then I’ll blog in bulk when the books come out.
So, until then, I bid you adieu until next year when I come back with my yearly writing plan for 2020. My god, 2020, where did the time go?
The right of L.J. Diva to be identified as the author of her work has been asserted. The author greatly appreciates you taking the time to read her work. Please consider leaving a review wherever you bought the book, or tell your friends about it to help us spread the word.
2020 AND BEYOND ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, L.J. DIVA.
Requests to publish work from these books should be sent to: authors (at) royalstarpublishing.com.au