Hopefully I’ll get some stuff done!
SATURDAY 6TH – typed up 20 pages of Spiros & Jenny, found a Henry Cavill forum
SUNDAY 7TH – finished typing the last eight pages of Spenny, more on the Henry Cavill forum
MONDAY 8TH – did paperwork, got some ideas down, did some sorting out, made phone calls
TUESDAY 9TH – more paperwork, more ideas, more sorting out, started to get some blog posts ready with pics and whatnot.
WEDNESDAY 10TH – had dermatologist appointment, did stuff
THURSDAY 11TH – shopping, library
FRIDAY 12TH – washing, housework, pottered around
SATURDAY 13TH – started first edit of Spenny, more on the Henry Cavill forum
SUNDAY 14TH – continued first edit of Spenny, updated books back matter, more on the Henry Cavill forum
MONDAY 15TH – finished first edit of Spenny, more back matter updating, more on the Henry Cavill forum
TUESDAY 16TH – more back matter updating, more on the Henry Cavill forum
WEDNESDAY 17TH – blog posts scheduling, more on the Henry Cavill forum
THURSDAY 18TH – shopping, library, chiro, doctor,
FRIDAY 19TH – washing, housework, finished up stuff.
SATURDAY 20TH – started second edit of Spenny
SUNDAY 21ST – two thirds the way through second edit of Spenny
MONDAY 22ND – sister came around, went to Henry Cavill forums
TUESDAY 23RD – finished off second edit of Spenny
WEDNESDAY 24TH – tried to get other stuff done
THURSDAY 25TH – shopping, library, took mum to doctors appointments
As you can see, I spent a lot of time on two Henry Cavill forums, quite interesting, what people have to say. I also tried to get as much done as possible, but sometimes it was hard to do. working until midnight and then sleeping in until ten or so because it’s freezing winter here doesn’t help, either.
Oh well, onwards, onwards.
(1) Under Tiara King I have these planned…
– 1.1 – see whether it will be worthwhile updating my two paperbacks, How To Be A Jewel Diva and Closet Confidential.
– 1.2 – I added style sheets to the interiors in 2018, which will also be given away for free as a download on my style website when people sign up to an email list once I get it done. I will re-release under my own imprint, but it’s a matter of whether I have time, and if I can get the damn newsletter/sign up happening.
– 2.1 – I still want to get my jewellery back into its own website. Selling has been on hold for the last few years due to money, time and energy. I’m still looking for wordpress templates that would suit the type of website look I want, but with everything else going on, this won’t happen for some time.
—– Both of these are on hold still. I did re-upload Closet Confidential and Jewel Divas with updated back matter in e-book format at Amazon, and Closet did get a new cover for the e-book and the paperback cover was done this month, but that was it for the year.
(2) Under T.K. Wrathbone I have these planned…
– 1.1 – The paperback version of last year’s stories is done and will be released in March 2019
– 2.1 – Get three stories written up, typed up, edited, and out along with an anthology, and do the e-covers.
– 2.2 – Release all four in October for Halloween.
– 2.3 – Get the paperback version done ready for release next year.
– 3 – Overhaul the website and give it a front page.
(3) Under L.J. Diva I have these planned…
– 1.1 – Put the next book, DeLuca through several rounds of editing
– 1.2 – Get it to my editor this month, and then edit some more.
– 1.3 – Get the cover finished, and release it as an e-book in March.
– 1.4 – Then comes the paperback interior and cover for release in September.
DONE SO FAR!!!
– 2.1 – Get the next book in the series, Spiros & Jenny, written in March
– 2.2 – Type it up through the year and put it through 3-4 rounds of editing.
– 2.3 – Send it off to my editor at some point in August.
– 2.4 – Release it in September as an e-book along with the paperback of DeLuca.
– 2.5 – Then comes the paperback interior and cover for a 2020 release.
– 3 – Start on the Porn Star Brothers Short Story Collection. At least get them written, and then they can be typed up through the months and edited. I’m hoping to release them as boxed sets through 2020, that way I can write 10-40 pages per story, and not 40 pages per story, so they will get done quicker.
– 4 – I still want to re-release my four standalone novels. The covers are nearly done, and I’ve nearly finished the interiors. All they will need is for the paperbacks to be proofed before release. Hopefully that will be by June, as that is my deadline for getting all four novels out to the public.
—– Spiros & Jenny wasn’t written in March, it was written in May and June, so a little behind schedule. I have started typing it up though, and the next stage is editing.
—– So far the short story collection hasn’t even been started. I realised while trying to get Spenny written that I’m kinda over this series, and more to the point, having a six month deadline for releases. With the Wrathbone stories, and Porn Star stories vying for attention, something had to give. I’m looking toward ending the series next year with a short story collection based on the Stefan kids and how the rest of them met their partners. More than likely out in September to complete the five years this series will have taken by then. Never say never, maybe one day I’ll finally write the rest of the stories that were intended, but I’m going to require the freedom to get into them without deadlines looming over my head. So maybe in a couple of years.
What I did on my first writing holiday for 2019
Things did not go how they were planned.
First, I planned on getting Spenny (Spiros & Jenny) written.
Second, I didn’t plan for any interruptions… god, was I wrong…
Saturday 13 – tried to relax so I could ease into writing, so I read two books, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, and Three Little Lies
Sunday 14 – tried to get into the writing vibe by going over notes, rested, and then read The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
Monday 15 – was supposed to be writing, but was quite headachy all weekend, so finished some other things
Tuesday 16 – still not writing, so did other things
Wednesday 17 – had a doctor’s appointment in the morning so was a bit all over the place.
Thursday 18 – was out all day shopping, chiro, chemist etc and absolutely buggered, but did some washing
Friday 19 – more washing, then nothing for the rest of the day, still buggered, ate hot cross buns and chocolate
Saturday 20 – instead of writing I got pictures for blog posts ready and wrestled with Picmonkey all day, watched a 20 year old Hugh Jackman movie, and ate more buns and chocolate
Sunday 21 – my sister came down and I got some blog posts ready, found website had been hacked, more buns, more chocolate
Monday 22 – still dealing with website and hired someone to fix it, still more buns and chocolate
Tuesday 23 – lost the blog posts I’d already done (only 4) but they were quickly redone, finished off the buns, still have chocolate
Wednesday 24 – shopped on ebay, redid blog posts after blog was fixed
Thursday 25 – public holiday, did laundry, shopped on ebay
Friday 26 – shopping, library, chemist, bought more chocolate rabbits
Saturday 27 – shopped on ebay, watched some YouTube videos of Henry Cavill, finished blog posts
Sunday 28 – shopped on ebay, it’s become a thing… I’ve scored some huge bargains in jewellery, some kaftans and kimonos, so will be showing all of those in a few months once they’ve all come in.
And there you have it, no writing, no editing, not much of anything in the way of books. But I have discovered one thing… I’m tired of writing. I’m tired of having to get books out on a six monthly deadline, I’m tired of the Porn Star Brothers series, so once Spenny is done, it will only be the short stories based on the grandkids. I had planned twenty-five other short stories based on characters, but I just don’t have the energy or want to write them, so, the series is being cut down. That way, it will be done next year and I can put my time and energy into more T.K. Wrathbones, get some jewellery series down, or even get the prequel and sequel to The Road to Vegas done.
Even though my life has come back to writing since 2015, the deadline I set myself has worn me out emotionally and I need more time in between writing and releasing.
Let’s hope I can get Spenny written this month, as I also have T.K. Wrathbones for this year to write, and then I’ll try and finish off the series
God, I need a holiday….
It’s the first writing holiday for 2019 and I’m hoping, if I haven’t done it yet, that the next Porn Star Brothers book will be written, due out in September this year.
I’d better get on with it!!!
Wish me luck!
The right of L.J. Diva to be identified as the author of her work has been asserted. The author greatly appreciates you taking the time to read her work. Please consider leaving a review wherever you bought the book, or tell your friends about it to help us spread the word.
2020 AND BEYOND ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, L.J. DIVA.
Requests to publish work from these books should be sent to: authors (at) royalstarpublishing.com.au